Overseas Publication Grants
Publication Industry Promotion Agency of Korea (KPIPA) requests yourinterest and participation in our "Overseas Publication Grants," a project that promotes export of Korean publications to overseas markets.
1. Project Overview
• Purpose :
upport the overseas publication of outstanding Korean works in order to lay the groundwork for a "Korean Wave" in the publishing industry.
• Summary :
Provide partial grants to overseas publishers that have published or will publish Korean works in 2018 under acopyright agreement with a Korean publisher.
2. Project Details
- 1st round : March 7, 2018 (WED) - May 7, 2018 (Mon)
• Required documents
① Application form (KPIPA template)
• Method: Submit via e-mail.
- E-mail: email@example.com
4. Selection Criteria
• Integrated assessment based on quality, prospects in overseas markets,and detailed publication plan.
5. Grant Process
• Selection result notified individually
- 1st round: At the middle of May
• Sign an agreement on publication support
- In accordance with the agreement, the copyright page must state thatthe book received support from KPIPA.
• Submit final report(KPIPA template) and published books
- Books should be published by October 31, 2018.
• Provide grants
• Submitted documents and books will not be returned.
• A book that does not have a clear overseas publication contract maybe removed from the candidate list, and the responsibility for allissues that may arise from the removal shall lie on the publisher.
• Books that have received or are to receive publication support fromother Korean organizations such as the Literature Translation Instituteof Korea and the Korea Creative Content Agency are not eligible.
• Funding may not be provided if the selected book is published andsubmitted late without any justifiable reasons and if the final reporton publication does not lay out full details.
• This announcement is subject to change depending on the circumstances.
President, Publication Industry Promotion Agency of Korea